SCORUS Satellite Conference “The Future of Regional & Urban Statistics and Research” (27-29 August, 2011 in Limavady, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Challenges and Opportunities in Regional and Urban Statistics – setting the agenda for the next decade.
- Focusing of urban and regional areas in terms of exploring their role in national economic and social structures; identifying issues of comparability (indicators and use); and available statistics.
- The effect of constrained resources at the national level on the production of urban, regional, and local level.
- Communication between hierarchical levels of government, between individual cities and regions, and among individuals involved in urban and regional research (academic and governmental).
- Alternative means of engaging statisticians working within local government.
- Urban and regional statisticians as both consumers of nationally collected statistics and contributors to those systems.